Every detail considered. Every expectation exceeded. Balance Residential Management was born from over 40 years of experience and expertise as a leading builder of 40,000 homes and condominiums across Canada and the US. Building on Great Gulf’s guiding principle to Live Greatly, Balance ensures that every interaction with each of our customers at every property we manage is a great one.
Multi-Residential Technical Services Manager
Vice President, Balance Residential Management
- Recommend maintenance operational standards, inspect to review site performance, cooperate with operations team to educate and motivate staff and contractors.
- Prepare specifications, tender and award contracts in accordance with the Company’s Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Project Management (Operating & Capital Projects), working with consultants, engineers, contractors, inter-departments and operation team from emergency diagnosis to long-term improvement projects.
- Supervise the Performance Audit and TARION warranties as agent on behalf of the Condominium Corporations.
- Provide input on new development designs from an operational perspective.
- Oversee maintenance and capital improvements
- Oversight of property repair and maintenance protocols, including but not limited to building mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Develop and implement maintenance tracking system to ensure effective planning, communication and completion of maintenance items.
- Develop and maintain operations and maintenance plan with checklists for properties. Maintain Operations and Fire Safety manuals, as required.
- Review and analyze building and equipment energy consumption and performance.
- Review and update, as required site technical and operations manuals. (i.e. Fire Plan, Emergency Management Plan, Disaster Plan, Construction Rules and Regulations, Asbestos Management Plan, Energy Management Plan).
- Ensure portfolio compliance to Building Code, Fire Code that All Health, Safety and Environmental standards are adhered to in accordance to the company Charter and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Educate operations and property management team of portfolio compliances.
- Investigate and troubleshoot property physical and maintenance issues.
- Participate in the new construction start-up transition.
- Coordinate Performance Audit, Reserve Fund Studies and relevant Consultant reports.
- Provide input in property budget development.
- Project manage select maintenance or improvement projects as assigned.
- Research, analyze and recommend new innovations or technology applications.
- Provide input on new development design, specifications and operations.
- Special projects as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in multi-unit residential technical operations, management or consulting.
- Understanding of building science including plumbing, architectural, mechanical, electrical and structural engineering disciplines, residential design and life safety.
- Knowledge of maintenance strategies and protocols for physical assets.
- Knowledge of government regulations such as Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Building Code, WHMIS, Occupational Health & Safety, Municipal and City by-laws.
- Strong contract scope development, review and trade supervision.
- Experience in multi-team project management, coordination and cooperation
- Good relationship management and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Post-secondary Education in relevant field including engineering and architecture.
Ideal candidate in addition to qualifications
- Candidates must have a demonstrated sense of urgency, be able to work independently, bring a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and an ability to lead and adapt.
- Strong belief in continuous learning and utilizing all new knowledge and skills on the job.
- Ability to function and thrive in a team oriented environment collaborating effectively with others while supporting the goals of the business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to multi-task and meet or exceed all deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proactive problem recognition and solution.
- Thrive in a position that will allow you to make a significant contribution to the ongoing growth and profitability of the Company’s operations.
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below