At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Construction Project Manager – High Rise
VP, Construction (High Rise)
USA (Washington, DC or Florida)
The Development Manager position oversees all aspects of development for assigned projects located in the Greater Toronto Area, and in various other current/potential jurisdictions throughout North America. The Development Manager will manage and/or participate in all aspects of development, from project acquisition, design and zoning, through marketing/sales to project finance, construction and project completion at occupancy/registration and post-registration warranty processes. We are actively recruiting for this position in two locations: Florida & Washington D.C.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the General Contractors resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel on the design team and General Contractor.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Assess the General Contractors plan and schedule project timelines and milestones and provide input and feedback.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas with the General Contractor
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Prepare and manage product and service contracts from beginning to end.
- Define contract recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management.
- Assist as required in contract change management and contract closure.
- Where necessary, provide appropriate contract and subcontract information to accounting department.
- Monitor and analyze trends in contractual agreements to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future contract requirements of goods, services, and third-party agents.
- Partner with General Contractors to establish preconstruction services, construction budgets and schedules
- Review contracts, proposals, claims and supporting negotiations as required
- Work closely with the VP of Construction overseeing the design teams to ensure that project budgets and design are in alignment
- Provide feedback and guidance on design constructability and construction means & methods
- Ensure that each development property is adequately resourced with key personnel to effectively manage projects
- Review existing agreements and recommend amendments as necessary
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Tucker or other General Contractors on budgets, schedules, cashflow, bid lists, bid scopes of work, contracts scopes of work, contract terms & conditions, contract disputes, Change Orders/Extras etc.
- Supporting VP of Construction by reviewing and providing input on trade prequalification’s, project schedules, site logistics, trade recommendations, vendor pricing, purchase orders, base contracts and claims
- Work closely with the VP of Construction to ensure timely delivery of suite finishing packages both during Pre-Construction and Construction phases
- Communicate with building department authorities
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Construction (High Rise)
- Valid USA work permit and or green card
- Outgoing and passionate about construction and development
- Independent and trustworthy
- Very Strong communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- This is a 24/7 industry at times and we are all expected to go above and beyond the 40 hours work week
- Team oriented and supportive
- Willingness to travel potential on a by-weekly basis and manage additional projects
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with GC or Developer (candidates with less experience can be looked at depending on actual on-site experience and level of responsibility)
- College or University Degree
- Ability to pass a criminal record
- Valid passport and ability to travel to Canada
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below