At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Development Manager (High Rise)
The Development Manager position oversees all aspects of development for assigned projects located in the Greater Toronto Area, and in various other current/potential jurisdictions throughout North America. The Development Manager will manage and/or participate in all aspects of development, from project acquisition, design and zoning, through marketing/sales to project finance, construction and project completion at occupancy/registration and post-registration warranty processes.
- Work with VP Development/SVP Development and President Great Gulf Residential to assist in feasibility analysis for new projects
- Oversee approval processes, including: Rezoning/Official Plan Amendments, Committee of Adjustment, OMB hearings, Site Plan Approval, building permits, condominium registration, approval of change orders, letter of recommendation
- Work with municipalities and various levels of authorities to negotiate, coordinate and further the progress of various projects
- Attend public meetings/community consultations when required
- Manage and approve all PCOs, Cos & LORs
- Collaborate with legal counsel and advisors on various agreements with authorities, partners, neighbors, consultants, trades, etc. as needed
- Partner with Tucker High Rise and Great Gulf Legal to complete Tarion processing
- Manage design and engineering consultants
- Coordinate with marketing and sales team, trades and construction teams to oversee design of projects that meet budget and market demands
- Managing consultants and work with estimators to design, value engineer, and execute budget and schedule
- Work with VP, Property Management to prepare condominium operating budgets and design specifications
- Work with construction teams/consultants to resolve construction details as needed
- Responsible for creating and managing budgets and pro formas in partnership with Accounting/Finance and Director of Cost Management/Cost Consultant
- In collaboration with the construction team and consultants prepare tender packages
- Monitoring project progress, schedule and reporting to Senior Leadership Team
- Assist with Great Gulf Quarterly Board reporting as required
- Assist with partnership reporting as required
- Responsible for reviewing contracts and supporting negotiations
- On an ongoing basis, review existing agreements and consider amendments as necessary
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of project costs, schedules and risks
- Ensure Great Gulf Development Managers and Senior Leadership Team are completely up to date on all project costs, schedule and potential risks allowing for the opportunity of proper risk management if necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- 8-10 years of industry experience, ideally in a development management
- Financially focused – comfortable forecasting, creating and working within a budget throughout a projects’ lifespan and completing projects on budget
- General knowledge of market conditions required
- Detailed understanding of construction means, methods and schedules
- Must be able to work independently, while keeping lines of communication open with leadership team and key partners
- Development and construction management/administration experience required, including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Collaborating with a diverse team within Great Gulf, as well as consultants, liaising with authorities having jurisdiction, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team approach – ensuring the relevant parties are kept apprised of important information as projects progress
- Ability to be on site when needed and interact with contractors
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below