At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Director, Technology Infrastructure
The Director, Technology Infrastructure is responsible for the Infrastructure & Operations function for Great Gulf. This includes cloud-based infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) which supports all critical business applications, on-premise servers, storage, facilities, networking & appliances), and VOIP phone systems. The role will also oversee the Help Desk and Support Operations.
- Provide infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the firm’s requirements and expectations
- Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations. Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Function as Chief Security Officer for Great Gulf organization
- Develop and maintain information technology plans in accordance with IT Strategy
- Manage and motivate the technology and infrastructure team
- Review and appraise current IT practices within Great Gulf Canada
- Develop, implement, and manage disaster recovery procedures regarding ensuring continuity of critical business systems and technologies
- Develop and maintain a change management process Great Gulf Canada
- Select, develop, implement and support new systems and technologies
- Make decisions at a relevant authority level while knowing when to engage upper management to seek guidance and assistance when suggesting ideas and solutions to technical problems
- Interact with all relevant technology services and operations teams in the scheduling and implementing periodic maintenance of systems hardware and software, including hardware and software upgrades, system releases, and system drivers
- Ensure that all technology and research solutions (both internal and external) are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Implement and support technology infrastructure, including integrated data and voice networking
- Ensure the daily completion of batch processing job and relevant backup activities for the entire IT infrastructure
- Stay abreast of trends and new technology which may advance or better support the business
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of security best practices
- Degree in a related discipline would be an asset (e.g., B.Eng. B.Sc., etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management. 8+ years’ experience in infrastructure and security
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Platforms and Technologies including Web Servers, Application Servers and Databases
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux/Unix Platforms and Technologies, including Web Servers, Application Servers, and Databases
- Strong technical knowledge of Cisco/Fortinet networking equipment, including wireless, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Experience in delivering IT Development projects, system implementation and business support
- Experience in emerging technology trends: cloud computing, social media, mobile computing, big data, digital, etc.
- Superior Business Analysis skills including creation of Project Documents
- Experience in multiple implementation phases; vision and strategy, system selection, blueprinting, design, development, testing, and support
- Strong understanding of IT principals, including lifecycle planning, budget estimation, resource load vs. capacity estimations and architecture
- Strong creative thinking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to travel within North America if required, with valid passport
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below