At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Manager, Technical Training and Support
The Manager, Technical Training and Support role is to deliver training and coaching to end users in the organization including managing and mentoring junior trainers and support analysts in the team. The candidate will need to learn and teach various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in support of business objectives. The successful candidate will be a fast thinker, problem solver, willing to learn new things and perform research and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Prioritize training and mentoring workload.
- Respond to business needs for support, reporting, requirements gathering, issue investigation/analysis.
- Create, administer, analyze, and report on end user needs assessments and skills assessments.
- Present instructor-led training sessions and conduct one-on-one training sessions.
- Review and revise training materials and documentation and keep them up to date.
- Create and administer training evaluations. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
- Work with internal software developers to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments of in-house software applications.
- Communicate software problems and issues to software development and support teams.
- Stay up to date with developments in both commercial and custom-built software products used in the organization.
- Maintain a good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives and ensure the support/training team is aligned with objectives.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or education, and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Homebuilding or Construction
- Excellent written and oral communication, including instructional and virtual presentation skills.
- Experience with staff development and mentoring.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise and desktop applications, including browsers, word processing, email software.
- Proven experience with adult learning principles, methodologies, and course design techniques.
- Experience with building and maintaining course and participant databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on motivational skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform thorough software testing and document results.
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below