All companies under the Great Gulf umbrella are united by one simple goal: the pursuit of greatness. It’s achieved daily with the passion and dedication of every partner and every person who works tirelessly to make us great – all while making it look easy. If you have what it takes to make great things happen, click the links below to consider our current job opportunities.
At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Reports to: VP, Contracts & Purchasing
Location: 3751 Victoria Park Avenue
The Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates for ongoing development projects, including bid or budget preparation, design/build and hard-bid estimates.
• Assist in the creation/maintenance of an estimating system for the Low-Rise and Mid-Rise Divisions that is complimentary to the existing estimating system.
• Co-ordinate invitations to subcontractors to bid on projects.
• Distribute addendums.
• Complete estimate pricing and conduct price analyses.
• Complete budget and final cost estimates.
• Solicit and award major subtrades to coordinate work, implement tender packages, and subcontract awards in accordance with Great Gulf’s standard policies.
• Estimate and cost new base plans.
• Prepare, enter and continually maintain accurate quantity take-offs estimates.
• Finalize take-offs for base plan prototypes, including site visit to confirm quantities.
• Set up database for future use by vendors and suppliers through purchase orders.
• Accurately estimate and cost optional floor plans or requests in a timely manner.
• Produce cost saving techniques, materials and procedures to increase efficiency and productivity.
• Update, communicate and verify any direct cost changes, due to cost increases or quantity changes, to Contract Manager.
• Remain up to date on building code and municipal requirements.
• Compile summary of estimates.
• Take-off bill of quantities for all divisions.
• Prepare calculations and pricing based on both historical data and market pricing.
• Allocate key costs for labour, material, equipment and subtrades.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Travel Requirements: Locally within the GTA, as required
Direct Reports: N/A
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a Construction environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment including vendors, consultants and clients.
• Experience with managing vendor relationships, estimation, analyzing information and reporting.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to consistently produce work of high-quality and accuracy.
• Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below! Apply now
Please fill out the application below