At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
3751 Victoria Park Ave.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, and working as a member of a payroll team, this role is responsible for the efficient processing of weekly, bi-weekly, hourly, salaried and union payrolls. In addition, this role offers the opportunity to be a critical team member in the implementation and testing of a new/enhanced payroll system.
- Compile, prepare and process weekly, bi-weekly, hourly, salaried and union payrolls
- Ensure integrity, consistency, and reliability by inputting data accurately and completely
- Process new hires, terminations, changes to pay and any other related information
- Responsible for maintaining a high degree of confidentiality relative to personal data, salary data and associate benefits information
- Provide timely response to inquiries from HR, Accounting, managers, employees, government, and other third-party agencies, utilizing knowledge and interpretation of policies, procedures, and legislation
- Issue ROEs and respond to payroll and/or benefits related enquiries
- Process benefits, RRSP/DPSP enrolments and benefits terminations; submit information to related third parties
- Process payroll funding, remittances and benefits payments as necessary
- Prepare, post and reconcile payroll journal entries after each payroll, quarterly and annually
- Liaise with third party service providers regarding group insurance benefits (i.e. enrolments, changes, employee queries)
- Review monthly group insurance invoices to ensure accuracy
- Assist in the preparation and review of all year-end payroll related documentation, including T4s, EHT, WSIB returns, etc.
- Generate ad-hoc payroll reports as requested
- Process payroll related payments (consultants, placement fees, temporary staff, etc.)
- Prepare intercompany chargebacks invoices
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to take initiative, make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment, develop creative solutions and meet deadlines
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation and accounting experience is considered an asset
- 3 – 4 years Canadian Payroll experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of Canadian payroll legislation, ESA
- Union experience, Ceridian Dayforce and HRIS or Payroll system implementation considered an asset as well, but not necessary
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below