All companies under the Great Gulf umbrella are united by one simple goal: the pursuit of greatness. It’s achieved daily with the passion and dedication of every partner and every person who works tirelessly to make us great – all while making it look easy. If you have what it takes to make great things happen, click the links below to consider our current job opportunities.
At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Reports to: VP, Contracts & Purchasing
Location: 3751 Victoria Park Avenue
The Project Coordinator will provide reliable, timely, and professional support to the Project Managers, assisting with day to day project coordination activities. The Project Coordinator will work with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
• Assist Project Managers with various projects as required, under the direction of the Vice President, Contracts & Purchasing.
• Review contract documents for reference and familiarity.
• Establish lines of communication with all subcontractors and consultants, including coordination of required meetings.
• Assemble specifications as required and distribute to design consultants, project Superintendent and Subcontractors; prepare building permit applications.
• Coordinate trade bidding process by preparing and distributing tender documents, scope of work, drawings and layouts.
• Assist with subcontract negotiations and awards under the direction of and with the approval of the Project Manager by creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
• Issue and monitor changes to contracts and/or drawings, including:
o Expediting and receiving cost information;
o Ensuring all documents are attached and signed for all contracts;
o Issuing supplementary purchase orders under the direction of the Project Manager;
o Issuing and confirming information to all parties concerned.
• Ensure that site Superintendents are supplied with all current drawings, engineering, layouts and schedules required to maintain all current schedules.
• Attend all regular project review meetings; record and circulate meeting minutes, as required.
• Update and monitor costing and budgets with software provided to produce proper budget reports and purchase orders.
• Report any observed problems, including contract interpretation disputes, together with proposed solutions, to the Project Manager.
• Ensure proper storage of files, drawings, etc. throughout construction and at completion.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Provide appropriate contract and Subcontractor information to the Accounting department.
• Review Subcontractor invoices for accuracy and forward for approval and payment.
• Additional duties, as assigned, by the Vice President, Contracts and Purchasing.
Travel Requirements: Locally within the GTA, as required
Direct Reports: N/A
• 1 – 3 years of relevant experience in a Construction environment.
• Strong organizational skills with proven efficiency to handle multiple projects at one time, both independently and in a team-based environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Proactive with proven ability to take initiative.
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below! Apply now
Please fill out the application below