All companies under the Great Gulf umbrella are united by one simple goal: the pursuit of greatness. It’s achieved daily with the passion and dedication of every partner and every person who works tirelessly to make us great – all while making it look easy. If you have what it takes to make great things happen, click the links below to consider our current job opportunities.
At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
Reports to: VP, Contracts & Purchasing
Location: 3751 Victoria Park Avenue
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and finalizing projects within budget while adhering to deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will support, manage and administer contracts for services and products across various projects.
• In collaboration with senior management, define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
• Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely manner.
• Estimate the resources and personnel required to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Assess need for additional staff and/or consultants; liaise with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within and/or outside the organization.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team; analyze results and plans.
• Conduct project postmortems and create recommendations reports to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Prepare and manage product and service contracts from beginning to end.
• Conceive, develop and deliver techniques, practices, and procedures for contract formation and administration in a manner that best protects company interests.
• In collaboration with senior management, determine contract recommendations that support business goals.
• Monitor contact performance for compliance with organizational needs and requirements, including follow-up checks for corrective action (special projects).
• Develop and deliver bid proposals, requirements documentation, and tender documents.
• Assist with contract change management and contract closure, as required.
• Establish and maintain regular written and verbal communications with senior management and end users regarding pertinent contract activities.
• Provide appropriate contract and subcontract information to accounting department as necessary.
• Monitor and analyze trends in contractual agreements; make recommendations for the future and identify areas for potential savings.
• Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future contract requirements of goods, services and third-party agents.
• Promote and work within the guidelines of the company’s Occupational Health & Safety program.
• Additional duties, as required.
Travel Requirements: Locally within the GTA, as required
Direct Reports: N/A
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a Construction environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience managing multiple large construction contracts involving consultants, construction firms and general contractors.
• Solid background in preparing and administering consulting and construction agreements.
• Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Basic accounting and financial management skills pertaining to projects.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
• Commitment to working in a team-based environment with a focus on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below! Apply now
Please fill out the application below