At Great Gulf, we invite you to live greatly. For over 40 years, this guiding principle has helped us exceed customer expectations while embodying the spirit of innovation with each of our 50,000 plus homes.
The Receptionist is the initial point of contact for our Toronto office and is responsible for presenting a positive and professional image of Great Gulf in interactions with all guests. The Receptionist will assist with a variety of administrative duties to support the organization.
- Welcome guests in a professional and courteous manner, ensure they connect with the appropriate individual in a timely manner
- Maintain security & safety by ensuring guests sign in at reception and monitor log book
- Answer and direct all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner
- Operate telecommunications switchboard system • Manage all meeting room bookings, ensure meeting rooms are tidy, presentable and prepared for the next meeting
- In partnership with the Office Manager, maintain employee and department phone lists/directories
- Ensure reception area and lobby are maintained in a meticulous and presentable manner
- In partnership with the Office Manager, maintain supply room and order office supplies as required
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Organize and arrange for outgoing mail pick-up via postage machine (Neopost and FP), couriers, mail services, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of office kitchens – ensuring plates, mugs, dishes and cutlery are evenly distributed among kitchens, stocking and reordering coffee, kitchen supplies, etc.
- In partnership with the Office Manager, receive and enter building maintenance requests from employees into internal work order software
- Assist with administrative tasks for other departments and employees as directed by the Office Manager
- Cover phone lines and front desk when Head Receptionist is on breaks, vacation, etc.
- Compile, compose and file correspondence, reports and documents as required
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at a high-volume reception desk, answering phone lines and welcoming guests
- Experience in real estate and/or development industries preferred
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with staff and guests in a professional manner
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Travel Requirements: n/a
Reports to: Office Manager
Direct Reports: n/a
Would you be a great fit for this role? Apply below!
Please fill out the application below